Amazon’s Selection expansion team started operations in March 2009 and has grown steadily in scope ever since. This is a global program supporting all marketplaces and operates out of Chennai. Amazon eCommerce Selection and Catalog Systems group at Amazon Chennai Center focuses on making direct impact on Selection for Amazon’s Retail & 3rd party marketplace business across markets worldwide. The Selection Expansion team within this group owns end to end processes for discovering, prioritizing and adding new selection available to customers across different markets worldwide. This drives one of Amazon’s core focus areas: providing the widest selection to customers. We operate in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment offering new challenges and opportunities for making impactful changes in the Amazon ecosystem.
About the Role
Manager in this group is expected to interact directly with Amazon internal stakeholders across the globe to deliver on operational goals, drive process improvements and deliver business value. The person will be expected to be skilled in understanding customer needs, setting and managing expectations, building customer confidence through effective communication, reliable delivery, robust processes, and sound reporting metrics. The person will also be responsible for driving cost reduction (through process standardization and automation), quality improvements (by adopting appropriate audit and measurement mechanisms), and business impact across programs through policy changes and improvements in data quality and service delivery. The person will work with cross skilled team of associates (technical & non-technical) and business analysts to carry out business critical processes. The individual would be responsible for overall planning, budgeting, growth, delivery, process efficiency and productivity for their work groups.
Key job responsibilities
· Drive cross functional projects to deliver business value for the team; be part of projects involving new feature definition to improve processes and reduce cost.
· Engage stakeholders across globe; demonstrate business acumen and skills in driving change by developing business proposals and driving implementation of recommendations through effective written and oral communication.
· Work with data engineering team and Software development teams to improve tools, processes and reporting dashboards
· Work with operations team to drive implementation of new programs & products
· Analyze historical data to build quality improvement initiatives and drive quality strategies across the network.
About the team
The individual will be part of the team that owns creating a universal (all known brands worldwide), complete (all factual brand attributes in all languages) and authoritative (information is validated) global catalog of all brands across all marketplaces. The individual will work multiple teams (tech and non tech) to implement programs supporting use cases WW.
· 3+ years experience in program or project management
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· MBA from a Premier Institute with 4-7 years of experience of which a minimum 3 years is in interacting with global customers / stakeholders.
· Experience in translating business needs into detailed feature requirements, data analysis and business case development, and managing programs from concept to implementation.
· Prior experience in the capacity of operations manager/product manager/program manager/business analyst/software engineer would be a key requirement.
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast paced environment.
· Understanding of six sigma techniques and statistical analysis tools
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in eCommerce/Hi-tech/Retail industry or management consulting with focus on one of these industries
· Background in analysis of large volume of data to drive analysis and to make decisions.
· Good knowledge of data mining using SQL