Are you passionate about Security on cloud? Do you have a combination of deep security knowledge in technology coupled with business acumen? Are you excited when you get to solve the most complex and large-scale security challenges in the world today? If so, come join our security team as a Security Engineer.
Amazon is seeking exceptional Security Engineers to work in our Cloud Security Teams. We’re looking for the best and brightest to join us in New York, New York; Austin, Texas; and Seattle, Washington. If you’re passionate about Information Security, have exceptional technical depth in deploying Cloud Solutions and want to join a large scale, fast-paced organization with global impact on millions of customers, then we’d like to talk to you.
We're the team who secure Amazon's Retail services running on the AWS Cloud. We support Amazon's software developers by providing tools and guidance to help them develop and deploy secure software. We are experts in Application, Network and Cloud technologies, passionate in our desire to secure Amazon's deployment and protect our customers' trust and unflinching in our resolve to hold the security bar high.
Key job responsibilities
Design security solutions to support Amazon Retail Service Teams
· Build prototypes, proofs of concept and reference models on AWS services that demonstrate security value
· Demonstrate and promote Security best practices
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject.
· At least 3 years of experience in Information Security.
· At least 1 year of experience building and architecting on Cloud-based Platforms.
· Proficiency in at least one High Level Programming Language (TypeScript, Java, Python).
· Detailed understanding of Cloud Security fundamentals, including cryptography and the shared responsibility model
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions and security frameworks built on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with AWS CDK and/or CloudFormation Guard.
· Expert technical knowledge of at least two of: application security, system security, network security, authentication/authorization protocols, or cryptography. Hands-on experience in at least one of the above.
· Experience in threat modeling and risk identification.
· Experience performing security reviews for mission critical applications.
· Experience providing security threat assessments and technical guidance for network architecture design and security considerations.
· Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, for complex mission-critical solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.