Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
The team focuses on the application of microeconometric methods designed to enable Amazon to attract, retain, and develop the world’s most effective workforce. All of this work is performed in close coordination with senior business leaders. These are exciting fast-paced businesses in which we get to work on extremely interesting analytical problems, in an environment where you get to learn from other experienced economists and apply econometrics at massive scale.
You will build econometric models, using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. Economists at Amazon will be expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company.
· Build and operationalize econometric and statistical models
· Perform model refreshes or updates to analyses as needed
· Work collaboratively with economists and research scientists to assist in the design and implementation of analysis to answer challenging HR questions
· Interpret and communicate results to outside customers
· Aggregate and analyze data pulled from disparate sources (HR, Finance or other business systems) and related industry and external benchmarks; provide insights and a point of view on analysis and recommendations
· Assist in the design and delivery of automated, scalable analytical models to stakeholders
· Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant
About the team
Global Talent Management (GTM) owns a suite of products which help drive career development for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians globally. GTM Science utilizes a wide array of data sources to conduct analytics and create predictive models that fuel recommendations, actions, and insights within the software systems that support Amazonians throughout their employee journeys. The team itself is composed of scientists and engineers with diverse backgrounds and expertise, coming together to create innovative solutions to the problems faced by the one of the world’s largest and fastest growing workforces.
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· PhD in Economics
· Experience in a postdoctoral position, consulting position, government position or academic research.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.