Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
Are you interested in helping the Federal Government of the United States implement innovative AWS cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers in a variety of locations across the US. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. This can vary depending on the customers supported, 30% to 50% can be typical, sometimes higher during peak times. Please check with the hiring team for more information.
This position requires the candidate selected be a US citizen because it provides services under a federal government contract with clearance requirements. This position is limited to individuals who can obtain and maintain the federal government clearance required by the contract.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
· 7+ or more years of IT implementation experience
· Demonstrated experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
· Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
· Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
· Demonstrated experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
· Scripting and/or coding skill
· Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
· Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
· Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
· Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
· Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
· Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
· Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
· Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.