Imagine a world where Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant is always with you on-the-go. The Alexa Mobile BI Team is looking for a Data Engineer who will help us bring that vision to life.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who will help us to define how we instrument, organize, and store Alexa Mobile data for customer insights and analysis. In this role, you will work closely with Software Developers, BI Engineers, and other Data Engineers.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· 5+ years of industry experience, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience handling big data volumes (billions of records per day)
· 3+ years of experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
· 2+ years of experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Query performance tuning skills
· Working knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.