The Amazon Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) organization is looking for an experienced and motivated PhD Economist to work on exciting and challenging problems related to Amazon's worldwide inventory planning. SCOT provides unique opportunities to both create and see the direct impact of your work on billions of dollars’ worth of inventory, in one of the world’s most advanced supply chains, and at massive scale.
As an Economist in our team, your work will help Amazon provides the best customer experience on inventory availability, selection and delivery speed worldwide. You will build large-scale econometric models using our world-class data systems and state-of-the-art cloud computing technologies. You will collaborate with some of the brightest economists, scientists and software engineers to address high-impact business problems and contribute to the design of automated systems with global reach.
The ideal candidate will be able to: (1) use economic theories to structure ambiguous problems; (2) assess and interpret empirical relationships using large data sets; and (3) design long-term causal estimation models with scalability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· Experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
· Background in econometrics (e.g., program evaluation, forecasting, time series, panel data, and/or high dimensional problems), economic theory, and quantitative methods.
· Background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Hands on experience with at least one of the following: Stata, R, Python.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.