Are you inspired by the opportunity to bring new Alexa capabilities that will reshape how customers will interact with Alexa? Do you dream of being at the forefront of AI and ML technologies, and shaping the future of human-machine interaction? Are you interested in ensuring that Alexa works equally well for all users and can understand multiple languages? If you answered yes to any of these questions then consider joining the Alexa AI product team.
Alexa is at the forefront of customer and scientific innovation in the area of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) for millions of users across the globe. Our AI is customer-centric, leveraging the latest scientific methods to create productive, natural interactions for our customers as they go about their daily lives. The Alexa AI (Natural Understanding) team is responsible for surfacing the most relevant and accurate interpretations of a user's requests so that Alexa can best serve their needs.
The NU org is team is looking for a product leader to define, build and ship new conversational AI experiences. The right candidate will possess a strong product background, have experience launching medium to large features that leverage A.I./Machine Learning, and have a well-rounded technical background. As a Senior PMT, you will have ownership for one of our strategic initiatives and be responsible for directing and prioritizing our activities towards that initiative's success. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves and get the job done. This is a high-visibility role with an opportunity to reshape how customers interact with Alexa.
You should be a problem solver who is excited by hard, never-been-solved-before challenges, and enjoys working with Science and Engineering teams collaboratively on cutting edge problems. You should be somebody who is passionate about customers and about leading product areas that have both broad influence and unique science and technical challenges to solve. This role requires technical expertise, and ability to dive deep into the science based challenges and solutions we solve on a daily basis.
Key job responsibilities
• Define creative, high quality, and clear product roadmaps based on customer and stakeholder needs, team strategy, and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements, and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for the capabilities offered
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among needs of various customer and stakeholder groups
• Create buy-in for product vision and roadmap both internally and across key partners
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic or technical goals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
Position is open for any of the following locations: Seattle, Boston, Bay Area
· 5+ years in product management experience or deining and managing platform driven products
· MBA or Master’s degree or higher
· Experience building products that leverage A.I., Machine Learning, Natural Language Understanding, and/or big data
· Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
· Past experience building complex roadmaps based on customer interactions
· Ability to quickly connect the dots between existing engineering talent and programs and how that would transcend into solving customer use cases and needs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.