Do you want to be part of the next big thing when it is still Day 0?
Our Customer Experience Strategy team aims to help achieve Amazon’s mission: to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. We relentlessly focus on raising the bar and driving change across all of Amazon, including Video, Alexa, Seller, and Retail.
As part of this mission, we are looking for an experienced Economist or Data Scientist with experience in causal inference and quantitative analysis to dive deep into our customer engagement strategy and use data to understand how to optimally measure the impact of our Customer engagement activities, focused primarily on Social Media in the first phase. We aim to draw business driven insights by identifying gaps and opportunities in the end-to-end customer experience.
Are you up for the challenge? #Letsdothis
With a multi-disciplinary team of experts, you will leverage your applied economics experience to understand how we can best measure the impact of customer engagement through our marketing activities. For example, how do you translate social media into value for the business?
We are particularly interested in candidates with a research background in customer behavior, applied microeconomics, data science, causal inference, quantitative analysis and marketing, or some combination of these fields. However, we want to talk with any experienced scientist or economist with an interest in working on innovative, strategic problems with significant business impact across digital marketing.
· PhD in Economics or highly related field (Statistics, Marketing, Finance)
· Several years practical xperience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research is a must
· Strong research track record, drives results
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Effective verbal and written communications skills
· Exhibits business judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Dives deep, thinks big and has convictions
· Experience with applying science to measure customer engagement and behavior from business activities
· Experience with causal inference, big data and machine learning or data science
· Strong statistical coding in R, Python, or Stata
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.