At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. Accounting is all about numbers…unless you work for Amazon; it is about knowing numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. If you view problems as treasures and enjoy diving deep to identify root causes and develop long-term, scalable solutions, this is the job for you!
Amazon is seeking a proactive and result oriented Finance Manager to help build its newly formed Statutory Support Centre based in Bratislava. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team and work closely with Amazon corporate accounting teams in EMEA to ensure high quality and timely deliverables in the statutory and financial compliance space. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to business stakeholders, as well as a passion to continuously enhance processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Overseeing the preparation and review of monthly statutory balance sheet account reconciliations;
· Managing the co-ordination to support local accounting teams in statutory financial statement preparation process;
· Overseeing and assisting in the preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis;
· Dynamically engaging with business partners in the EU, and globally, to maintain efficient and compliant accounting processes, identify process improvement opportunities;
· Collaborate closely with Accounting and Technology teams on building standardized and automated solutions.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 3641 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development
· University degree in business/economics/accounting;
· Must hold CPA, ACCA, or similar credentials;
· Minimum of 7+ years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably, gained within an accounting firm or a medium to large international company, in a fast-paced and changing environment;
· Experience working with IFRS or US GAAP and in the preparation of financial statements;
· Demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines on critical projects
· Detail-oriented yet able to reflect on and understand the big picture;
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent in business English;
· Strong organizational skills and information technology aptitude;
· Experience in managing teams.
· Knowledge of Oracle Financial Applications;
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel;
· Experience in using SQL is a plus;
· Knowledge in more than one European language, with a preference for German, French, Italian or Spanish;
· Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams and in a fast-paced company.