Identity Services owns the systems that enable authenticating and identifying every Amazon customer in the world. Every aspect of the Amazon global business depends on our systems to know who the customer is, and if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers and our developer partners. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds
Identity Services provide the core services that identify, authenticate and authorize our customers, and provide the information to hundreds of services within the Amazon service-oriented architecture. We manage the customer authentication and authorization experience, and are embarking on new and exciting initiatives in this space, both on the web and on mobile devices. If you are excited about solving new business problems using state-of-the-art technologies, and open standards such as OpenId and Oauth, or developing applications and frameworks for mobile platforms, we'd love to talk to you.
Identity Services is looking for software engineers who like to solve complex problems, and relish the challenges of building and operating complex, distributed, mission critical systems under extreme loads. Our systems manage hundreds of millions of records, and serve millions of service requests. Do you think you are up to the challenge? We are looking for builder who are passionate about building secure and intuitive customer experiences and who love the challenge of building performant and robust systems at scale. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are innovative, and long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems then we want you as a Software Development Engineer for Amazon's eCommerce Platform Identity Services group.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or Engineering
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Previous technical internship(s) preferred