Do you have the drive to change the world through how people connect and engage with games? Behind every great game, there’s AWS Game Tech.
The games industry lives at the intersection of technology and the arts, and with more than 2.5 billion people playing games every day, creating exciting experiences at global scale has never been more essential. At AWS Game Tech, our mission is to help developers build amazing, successful, and fun games. To achieve this, we strive to help game creators of any size and scale to build on AWS and create game experiences that will change the world!
As a Principal Business Development Manager with AWS Game Tech, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with the most creative game developers, impactful publishers, and innovative game industry partners on the planet. Your responsibilities will include identifying and engaging with high potential game developers and studios, helping these studios learn and adopt AWS, and gathering market-segment-wide intelligence to inform the direction of the global Game Tech business. You’ll be instrumental in helping game devs use the cloud to invent the future of the games industry in ways that have yet to be imagined, driving critical components to AWS Game Tech’s go-to-market strategy World Wide.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated business background that enables her or him to effectively interact at the CxO/VP/Studio Director level of game companies. The right candidate should have familiarity with core games industry vernacular and business processes alongside strong technical aptitude that allows them to effectively engage with CTOs and software developers. They should have a demonstrated ability to operate strategically and analytically with business stakeholders, product teams, and technical resources. The right candidate should have the ability to convey technical concepts and produce compelling value propositions for customers and partners. She or he will possess a passion for new and emerging technologies and obsess over how they can shape the future to benefit customers. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, should love games.
Key job responsibilities
• Drive the necessary business insights, strategic and technical relationships with game developers, studios, publishers, and key stakeholders world-wide to establish meaningful business relationships and drive cloud adoption within Games customers
• Educate game devs and games organizations on technical matters and how AWS can help companies scale and grow by leveraging AWS services and go-to-market programs
• Serve as a key member of the world-wide Game Tech team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy in the game dev ecosystem
• Prepare and deliver data-driven business reviews to senior management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks in the games business
• Execute strategic initiatives for AWS Game Tech, while collaborating with key internal stakeholders internationally
• +7 years’ experience in the games industry or working within the games industry
• Experience working in technology or games industry Business Development, Creative, Production, or Game Development
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong technical aptitude
• Bachelor's degree or significant relevant work experience
• Experience working with game publishers, developers, retailers, distributors, and studios
• Experience working with enterprises, innovation centers and digital initiatives of organizations
• Proven leadership, problem solving and strong attention to detail
• Strong project management skills and experience working with cross-functional, international teams
• Experience and familiarity with cloud technologies
• Experience and familiarity with key games software, middleware, and platform tooling
• Experience with common games industry funding mechanisms, regional trade associations, regional institutions, and regional communities for game devs
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for San Francisco, CA
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records