Technology is giving the beauty industry a makeover! Are you interested to disrupt and redefine the way customers buy Beauty products online? Are you interested in using the latest advances in machine learning, computer vision, and big-data technologies to build online customer experiences for Beauty products that can equal or even surpass an in-store experience? Amazon Beauty is reinventing the shopping experience for all beauty customers across the largest selection of brands to become the most trusted beauty destination. Beauty is unique in retail with a diverse customer set along with products that are emotional, fun, and creative. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor to build something entirely new and transform an industry!
To achieve our vision, we think big and tackle technological challenges every day. We need builders and disruptors who are not afraid to innovate! Our architecture and development processes support rapid experimentation, global deployments, and self-service capabilities that allow us to scale better.
· Amazon scale systems: All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving millions of customers with millisecond-level latency.
· Immersive customer experiences: We will create elevated and immersive customer experiences that using cutting-edge UI-technologies and user-centric design patterns.
· Computer Vision and augmented reality (AR) experiences: We bring exciting experiences directly to the customer's mobile phone using their cameras and combinations of computer vision and AR.
· Personalization using machine learning: We will be working with machine learning (ML) technologies such as recommendation algorithms and reinforced learning to provide better-personalized shopping experiences.
· Data & analytics pipelines: Amazon is data-driven, and a robust data backbone is necessary for our systems. We build on core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SageMaker, StepFunctions, etc.
· Multi-device support: We build for all traditional surfaces - desktop browsers, mobile browsers, and mobile applications.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for talented and innovation-driven scientists who are passionate about leveraging the latest advances in machine learning and computer vision to solve customer problems in the Beauty space. You will have an opportunity to revolutionize the customer shopping experience across the world's most extensive catalog of beauty products. You will be directly responsible for leading the ideation, design, prototyping, development, and launch of innovative scientific solutions that address customer problem in the beauty and shopping space. You will closely partner with product managers, UX designers, engineers, and the broader Amazon scientific community to pioneer state-of-the-art solutions to extremely challenging problems in machine learning and computer vision. You will help hire, mentor, and develop the best and brightest science and engineering talent while our organization rapidly continues to expand. You be our organization's Tech Evangelist and represent our organization in key internal and external AI, ML and CV conferences.
About the team
Amazon Beauty Tech is a rapidly expanding division within the Consumables organization. We are a passionate group of engineers, scientists, product managers, and designers who drive technological innovation to improve the customer shopping experience. We have a startup-like work culture where innovation is encouraged; we are never afraid to propose big ideas for fear of failing!
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical fields.
· 5+ years of post-Masters (or 2+ years of post-PhD) professional experience in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and/or Artificial Intelligence.
· 5+ years of experience in Python, Java, or C/C++.
· Proven track record of successfully deploying state-of-the-art machine learning solutions to solve difficult customer problems.
· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
· 8+ years of post-Masters (or 5+ years of post-PhD) professional experience with Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and/or Artificial Intelligence.
· Experience in ideating, researching, designing, and prototyping innovative ideas, and shipping software solutions.
· Deep expertise with two or more CV and ML frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, OpenCV, GluonCV, etc.
· Publications in reputed peer-reviewed conferences.
· Domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Facial landmark detection and tracking, generative models, face science, augmented reality, and mobile-optimized ML models.
· Experience partnering with engineering teams to build and test production systems.
· Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, AWS Lambda, and Amazon SageMaker.
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and startup-like environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.