Amazon Connections is changing the way that we use the voice of employee to improve business outcomes and the employee experience of an incredibly complex, global workforce. We ask employees quick questions every day to get early signals and to learn more about their experiences that allow early interventions and positive changes with internal business partners around the world. The mission of Connections Research team is to support Amazon in being the Earth’s Best Employer. We accomplish this mission by delivering high quality questions and research-backed insights to inform our line managers and leadership to take action, and make data-driven decisions that create a safe, productive, diverse and inclusive work environment.
We are looking for an experienced applied scientist to develop, test and deploy research tools and services for the Connections Research team and then scale them up to hundreds of scientists in the People eXperience and Technology (PXT) organization. These tools streamline research workflows and help Amazon generate insights from the vast amount of workforce data at scale.
Key job responsibilities
· Building, testing, deploying research tools and services
· Developing algorithms / models that power research tools
· Developing algorithms / models to support Connections initiatives
· Collaborating with software development teams to deploy models into production
· Collaborating with other scientists to identify new opportunities
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Package development experience with Python
· Comfortable with ambiguity
· Experience using AWS products
· Experience with mathematical optimization techniques
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full development life cycle (i.e., coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing)
· Familiarity with Flask or Django
· Familiarity with Docker
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.