The Amazon Search org creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, A9 Product Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
We are seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to be part of the Search Science and Artificial Intelligence team world wide. This is a strategic role to shape and deliver our technical strategy in developing and deploying Machine Learning solutions to our hardest customer facing problems. Our goal is to delight customers by providing a a measure of customer experience. These initiatives are at the heart of the organization and recognized as the innovations that will allow us to build a differentiated product that exceeds customer expectations. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape Search is defined for years to come. If this role seems like a good fit, please reach out, we'd love to talk to you.
Key job responsibilities
This role requires working closely with business, engineering and other scientists within Search, Catalogue and across Amazon to deliver ground breaking product. You will lead high visibility and high impact programs collaborating with various teams across Amazon. You will work with a team of Engineers and Scientists to launch new customer facing features and improve the current features.
· Bachelor degree in highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience.
· 8+ years of work experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships.
· Have a history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets in order to quantify performance via metrics or KPIs.
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
· Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 4+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information, succinctly, to technical and business audiences