Amazon Information Security is looking for a Software Development Engineer who loves designing and building large-scale, mission critical software that helps keep Amazon safe. We are seeking engineers to help us reinvent one of the world's largest Vulnerability Management solutions. Our organization protects and defends customer trust by ensuring resilience to information security threats. We strive to understand our attack surface and threats, and respond with adaptive defenses based on risk. Software Engineering is a core component that helps us achieve our mission through building high-profile, critical software platforms at scale that allow security professionals at Amazon to focus on new and unknown threats while software manages all known unknowns.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
Our team's mission is to deliver reliable software services at scale supporting our customers in Vulnerability Management and Remediation. We innovate to protect Amazon and its subsidiaries by building software solutions that identify, catalog, notify, and remediate vulnerabilities.
We formed a little over a year ago and have built up a team of highly-skilled, passionate and curious engineers with diverse perspectives who love making a difference every day. Our team members support each other and our culture is what enables us to innovate and deliver great products and services for our customers.
We are tasked with building scaled software supporting the high-tempo needs of security teams at Amazon. We own and operate 5 internal web applications, and scan millions of systems for vulnerabilities each day. Our systems work to intelligently inform teams of risk and provide solutions that enable security engineers to perform deep analytics.
You will work with other members of our growing team to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility of ideas. You will write high quality distributed software systems, operating at massive scale that’s not available anywhere else. Come help us drive best practices, operational and engineering excellence across the organization, impacting how other teams operate!
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills. Scripting languages are a plus.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and databases.
- Understanding of DevOps and operational support of software in production; build tolls and CI/CD
- Experience with Amazon Web Services tech stack is a plus. Working knowledge of core AWS products [S3, Lambda, Dynamo, RDS, ECS, Fargate, Redshift, etc.]
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to partner with engineers, program managers, and customers
- Ability to think outside of the box, innovating and driving product vision for the space, focusing on goals and needs of end customers
- Ability to deal with high degree of ambiguous/undefined set problems; ability to think abstractly and big, solutioning on your feet
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience is a plus