· Be a part of the Earth's largest Platform organization
· Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
· Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work, Mobile phone allowance
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Amazon’s world-class team of engineers, and work with some of the best and brightest while also developing your skills and career within one of the most dynamic, innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. In addition to a stimulating and fun working environment, Amazon offers mentoring programs with experienced engineers, regular tech talks with technology principals, and well-defined career paths for motivated engineers who want to contribute to our culture of operational excellence and customer-focused technical innovation.
This role supports our services that focus on distributed, cloud infrastructure of AWS S3 storage, Storage Gateway, Glacier, EFS, FSx for lustre, Snowball, AWS Transfer for SFTP, Datasync and AWS backup. Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
Want to know what’s it like to be a Support at AWS? Take a look!
· Strong Unix/Linux or Windows system administration skills
· Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems architectures.
· Knowledge of filesystem, block and object storage.
· Knowledge of Storage architectures and backup/DR strategies
· Good understanding of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SFTP, TCP and UDP.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field OR equivalent experience in a technical position OR equivalent military experience.
· 3+ years of professional experience
· Experience troubleshooting filesystem, block and object storage
· Experience with scripting (i.e. bash, Python, PowerShell etc.)
· Detailed knowledge of storage protocols: iSCSI, NFS, SMB
· Expertise with network troubleshooting and tools e.g. iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig,
· Prior working experience with AWS e.g. AWS S3 storage, Storage Gateway, EFS and AWS Backup.
· Experience with Cloud architecture patterns and distributed computing concepts
· Experience working with REST API based services
· Exposure to OS and networking security concepts and standard methodologies.
· Strong written, verbal, and documentation skills to effectively communicate with customers and peers
What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet. Speak to an AWS recruiter and we will be happy to provide you with more information about this role or guide you to the best possible match for your profile and your career interests.