Alexa is the groundbreaking voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive scientist to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love. As an Applied Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel machine learning algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech and audio processing. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding. You will mentor junior scientists, create and drive new initiatives.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Proficient with Python programming
· Familiarity with audio, acoustic and speech signal processing, speech recognition, and machine learning
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills
· Solid publication records
· Strong technical curiosity and ability to invent
· Strong understanding of software engineering best practices
· Relevant experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.