Do you want to create the greatest-possible worldwide impact in Robotics? Amazon has the world's most exciting treasure trove of robotics challenges. The Robotics AI team at Amazon builds high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn, and act intelligently alongside humans—at Amazon scale. The Robotics AI team invents and scales AI systems for robotics in fulfillment. Our mission is to enable robots to interact safely, efficiently, and fluently with the clutter and uncertainty of real-world fulfillment centers. Our AI solutions enable robots to learn from their own experiences, from each other, and from humans to build intelligence that feeds itself.
We hire and develop subject matter experts in AI with a focus on computer vision, deep learning, intelligent control, semi-supervised and unsupervised learning. We target high-impact algorithmic unlocks in areas such as scene and activity understanding, simultaneous localization and mapping, closed-loop control, robotic grasping and manipulation—all of which have high-value impact for our current and future fulfillment networks.
We are seeking hands-on, Applied Scientist who will be deep in code and algorithms; who are technically strong in building scalable ML solutions using deep learning, active learning and computer vision (instance and semantic segmentation, pose estimation, activity understanding). As an Applied Scientist in Robotics AI, you will contribute to the research and development of advanced robotic systems; you will work along with other top-notch scientists and engineers to deliver the world's most scalable and robust robotic systems.
In addition to coming up with novel solutions and prototypes, you will directly contribute to implementation. A successful candidate has excellent technical depth, great communication skills, and a drive to achieve results in a collaborative team environment.
You should enjoy the process of solving real-world problems that, quite frankly, haven’t been solved at scale anywhere before. Along the way, we guarantee you’ll get opportunities to be a fearless disruptor, prolific innovator, and a reputed problem solver—someone who truly enables AI and robotics to significantly impact the lives of millions of consumers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· Experience building machine learning models or developing algorithms for business application.
· 1+ years of experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD (OR Master's Degree plus 10+ years of industry or academic research experience) in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
· 2+ years of relevant Industry or Academic applied research experience in Machine Learning, Computer Vision or related field.
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
· PhD and 4+ years of relevant Industry or Academic research experience in applying machine learning in production and applying deep learning models for computer vision and related fields.
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technologies
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications.
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment.
· Experience with robot grasping and/or defect detection
· Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem-solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.