The Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team is looking for a passionate, talented and inventive Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background to build state-of-the-art ML systems powering Alexa’s interactions with its customers. Join a dynamic and innovative team of scientists who are using machine learning, large scale database, information retrieval and natural language technologies to make Alexa more knowledgeable and accurate.
Key job responsibilities
An Applied Scientist with Alexa AI will enjoy a creative environment that balances research with application. You will explore the frontier of Machine Learning techniques and help build a key piece for Alexa's functionality. You will work closely with engineering and business teams to lead the end-to-end process of identifying the problem, implementing the solution and scientifically measuring the impact on downstream systems. If you love massive scale problems, if you are creative, if you want to work on state-of-the-art entity representation, linking & knowledge graph problems - this is the team for you!
A day in the life
· Use NLP, deep learning and ML techniques to create scalable solutions for entity ingestion, linking and creation of enriched knowledge representations
· Develop systems to extract & align entity information from massive structured and unstructured catalogs and knowledge bases and process them to build linked entity representations
· Design, experiment and evaluate innovative models for predictive, explainable learning
· Work with scientists from Alexa science teams to build state-of-the-art ML systems powering Alexa
· Work with software engineering teams to drive real-time model experiments, implementations and new feature creations
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· 3+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
· Experience in Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Deep Learning, Machine Learning or a related field
· Demonstrated use of modeling and optimization techniques & algorithm development tailored to meet business needs
· Excellent written, verbal communication & data presentation skills.
· Prior experience in the domains of knowledge representation, entity linking and retrieval
· Publications in top venues such as EMNLP, ACL, NAACL, COLING, KDD, SIGMOD, WWW, AAAI
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.