Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of networking, virtualization, operating systems, application architectures, web applications, databases, and applications designed for the cloud? Do you have a passion for helping government agencies, educational institutions and non-profit organizations implement innovative IT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping customers to build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch cloud computing projects on trajectories to success? Are you knowledgeable about security best practices for applications, servers, and networks?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated Solution Architects to help accelerate our growing public business in EMEA. You would be part of a team based in Israel bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to public sector leaders that want to serve citizens more effectively, achieve scientific breakthroughs and reach broader constituents
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement, educating Partners and Customers on the latest AWS technologies and design patterns, removing technical account management blockers, defining implementation and transition architectures, responding to RFIs and RFPs, and achieving success around specific technical projects. To achieve those goals you will build on your broad background and technical breadth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, and application architecture, you will develop expertise in AWS technologies, and gain a deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud computing platform.
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Experience of Software, Systems or Data Design
· Experience with Architecture Design, Scaling, Security and Troubleshooting
· Knowledge of Cloud technologies
· Passion for technology and for learning
· Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT projects - either on premises or in the cloud
· Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
· In depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
· Knowledge of modern data processing techniques and systems
· Experience working in a customer-facing role
· Experience collaborating effectively with internal or external stakeholder groups at multiple levels
· Experience working with Partners
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
· Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
· Fluency in Hebrew