At Amazon we strive to be the most innovative and customer centric company on the planet. Come work with us while we are developing our Science and Technology to deliver the best solutions for our vendors, warehouses and carriers. Help us solve complex problems impacting billions of dollars per year while partnering with world class scientists and researchers. Our mission is to build the most efficient and customer-obsessed solution on the planet. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in and techniques, and operate high volume, high efficiency, low latency, and high availability services.
You’ll design, model, develop and implement state of the art models and solutions used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. The focus of this role is to research, develop, and deploy models that will inform and support our business. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the leading scientists in the areas of vehicle routing, meta-heuristics, and market analysis, , and methodologies.
Tasks/ Responsibilities:· Contribute to the mid- and long-term strategic planning studies and analysis.· Lead and partner with the engineering and operations to drive modeling and design for complex business problems.· Develop accurate and scalable mathematical programming, heuristic, and models to solve our hardest problems.· Lead complex modeling analyses to aid management in making key business decisions and set new policies.Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
· Detailed knowledge of methods in industrial applications, with demonstrable work in this area that has been deployed into production systems (strategic, planning, and/or operational).
· Experience in writing scripts (Python) and/or software applications in programming languages such as C++, Java.
· The ability to implement models and tools through the use of high-level modeling frameworks (e.g. Xpress, Gurobi, Cplex).
· Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
· Strong problem-solving ability and the ability to work in ambiguous and constantly evolving environment.
· Strong personal interest in , researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
· Demonstrated experience in .
· Demonstrated experience in using reinforcement methods in industry.
· Experience in methods and optimization
· Experience in discrete event or other simulation frameworks.
· Experience in data mining and using databases in a business environment with , complex datasets.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.