The Market Intelligence team for Workforce Staffing applies science, data and insights to optimize hiring for Amazon’s largest candidate population – Tier 1 Associates. Amazon's hourly workforce brings the magic of Amazon’s industry-leading customer fulfillment to life. The pace at which job creation, hiring, and growth must happen to support the scale and complexity of Amazon businesses is a problem Amazon is uniquely qualified to solve and innovate on. Workforce Staffing literally hires by the hundreds of thousands across multiple business lines, job types, and shift configurations. The Market Intelligence team in particular focuses on applying labor market, competitor, and candidate preference intelligence to enhance job offerings, mitigate operational risk, and sustain Amazon position in the market. Come join a team that is continually shaping and writing the future of the hourly worker landscape.
Amazon is seeking an industry-leading Economist as a senior advisor on its most pressing labor and staffing challenges to grow and innovate its singular customer fulfillment experience 10x into the future. In this role, you would build models, frameworks, and serve as a senior science advisor and consultant across a broad science portfolio comprising labor market intelligence, candidate research, employer branding, and marketing analytics. This individual will brief and influence C-suite and VP-level decisions on billion-dollar operational and strategic decisions. This role resides within a unique cross-functional science, engineering and product organization that is vertically integrated to deliver innovative intelligence and scenario analysis solutions to Amazon operations. Influence the roadmap and raise the bar on the science and innovations on Amazon's path to being earth's best and safest employer.
1. PhD in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics
2. 10+ years of professional experience working with large data sets, understanding of statistical analysis, modeling techniques, data mining and business and/or public policy analysis.
1. Proven track record in research and solution of business problems leveraging techniques from economics or related disciplines.
2. Demonstrable experience in any of the following areas of applied economics (multiple areas preferred): reduced-form causal analysis, predictive modeling and causal ML algorithms, forecasting, hazard models, health and insurance economics, education economics, labor economics, and behavioral economics, designing and administering large-scale social science surveys.
3. Demonstrated ability to lead a team of economists and data scientists to deliver high quality research results on time.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate research to clients in business and/or public policy.
5. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with both technical and business people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience. Experience applying these skills in both academic teaching environment and a business setting is a plus.
6. Excellent writing skills for presenting business cases and to document the models and analysis and present the results/conclusions in order to influence important decisions.
7. Strong science breadth across Econometric modeling, Causal Inference, Optimization, Forecasting, Machine Learning.
8. Strong publication and presentation record in top-tier economic, public policy, statistical, or ML publications and conferences.
9. Excellent written and oral communication skills with technical, business, and public policy people, and ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience.
10. Experience with prototyping in a scripting language such as STATA, R, and python.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.