We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access.
We are looking for a truly innovative and technically strong research scientist with a background in operations research, machine learning, and statistical modeling/analysis.
• Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional modeling and problem-solving skills to work through different challenges in ambiguous situations.
• Doer: You’ve successfully delivered end-to-end operations research projects, working through conflicting viewpoints, model intractability, and data limitations.
• Detail Oriented: You have an enviable level of attention to details, and catch things that others miss.
• Communicator: Ability to communicate analytical results to senior leaders, and peers.
• Influencer: Innovative scientist with the ability to identify opportunities and develop novel modeling approaches in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and gain support with data and storytelling.
Key job responsibilities
As a Senior Research Scientist, you will:
• apply your operations research skills to solve complex scheduling, resource allocation, task assignment, and call routing problems.
• develop code in support of our in-house operations management product designed to optimally match capacity with various forms of customer demand.
• work closely with stakeholders and translate data-driven findings into actionable insights.
• M.S. in Operations Research, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field.
• 5+ years of industry or academic research experience in one or more of the following areas: Operations Research, Optimization, Reinforcement Learning
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with optimization modeling (LP, MIP, queuing, etc.) and tools (e.g., Cplex, Gurobi, Xpress, etc.).
• 5+ years of experience in implementing models and tools through the use of modeling languages (e.g., Python, R, Matlab) or more traditional languages (e.g., Java, C++).
• 5+ years of experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insights.
• Ph.D. in Operations Research, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Familiarity with modern forecasting, queueing, and scheduling methods.
• Excellent quantitative modeling, data analysis, and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of optimization and statistical tools.
• Experience collaborating with software development teams, data scientists, business intelligence or other technical roles.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team and demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment.
• Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment.
• Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (Java, C/C++, or Python).
• Publication record in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.