Amazon GCC is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working and creative Vendor Manager to join our Fashion business to be based out of Riyadh or Dubai.
The Vendor Manager will be responsible for developing and owning the strategy for some of our top vendor relationships across UAE and KSA. Within this role, the individual will have the opportunity establish and maintain strong vendor partnerships, manage category profitability, and identify means to improve the customer experience. We are seeking a business leader with a broad skill-set which demonstrates analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, strong vendor management and negotiations skills, deep curiosity to uncover how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers. You will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels of these organizations. Experience in business analytics, strategic thinking, negotiations and operations are required.
· Define strategies to deliver best-in-class customer experience while delivering profitable growth in the retail category
· Develop knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers of your category
· Establish relationships and negotiate agreements/deals with leading manufacturers and brands. Drive new product launches and additions in the category
· Execute and lead projects to more efficiently source stock, manage prices, execute promotions
· Collaborate with vendors and merchandizing teams on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Merchandising team to execute these activities
· Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels while managing stock-out/ overstock risk
· Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price monitoring, business improvement initiatives.
· Be an ambassador within the industry and continuously enhance our position.
· Excellent business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
· Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills. Comfortable with complex financial data.
· Polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
· High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
· Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
· Ability to think and lead in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to own, manage and speak to a P&L
· Proficient in Excel