Thousands of former military are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience at Amazon. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe.
We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the support Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including mentoring from a vast internal network of Amazonians.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us. Amazon’s military recruiting team is available to discuss the many opportunities within Amazon Operations.
The Senior Manager, Security & Loss Prevention – Germany leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection within Amazon's fulfillment centers (FC) in CEU and related transportation network. The Sr. Manager oversees the related Security and Loss Prevention Managers for their territory and works with the Worldwide Operations Services leader responsible for global Security & LP who provides worldwide standards, physical security support, as well as standards, policy and procedural guidelines for Amazon. In addition he/she works with the FC’s Operational teams and various cross functional teams throughout the organization (human resources, finance, retail, transportation, customer service, corporate audit, security services-retail/CS/Corp, physical security systems and design, related software teams, and other areas).
This Senior Manager’s ultimate success will be measured by how they assist with the development of and driving the implementation of a standardized, cost effective and efficient security and loss prevention programs for the assigned FC’s and transportation network. These will be measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access control and theft prevention effectiveness, and the protection of our FC’s employees and visitors as well as improvements to non-security department related productivity (such as employee retention, business continuity, product and equipment dependability, continuous flow for FC operations impacted by security systems, etc).
· Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for senior management.
· In cooperation with the Worldwide Security team, effectively and efficiently enhance and standardize your services, programs, policies, procedures and systems so that they align with desired objectives.
· Ensure effective internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to area are fulfilled and support Internal Audit Team as required
· Ensure data protected to IT security and related physical security standards including access control and system monitoring.
· Provide leadership, advice and support (software, equipment and other tools, reports and data) to your Security and Loss Prevention team.
· Lead team so that they effectively address, report on security incidents including potential and actual WPV per policy and conduct testing of the WPV and incident response plans as required including use of the Amazon security and LP data base and incident reporting system.
· Enhance, track, and report on metrics.
· The ideal candidate will be a successful manager overseeing multiple locations in a Military, law enforcement or Security & Loss prevention related profession, although applicants with other ranges of experience may apply.
· Results oriented leader that possesses strong influencing skill and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment, with demonstrated ability to develop and manage functional team and manage budget.
· Comfortable at being a hands-on supervisor that actively acquires familiarity with teams strengths and service model so they can capitalize on the teams strengths and ensure it effectively uses established and leading edge technology, software, processes, critical information and data as well as the equipment and tools required for success in area of responsibility.
· Awareness of and ability to demonstrate experience with implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective deployment and oversight of contract security guards, and transportation and supply chain loss mitigation techniques a plus
· Individual will need to work effectively in a culturally diverse work group.
· Fluency in English and German
· Bachelor's degree required and Master in Business or related field is preferred. Academic degree or practitioners’ equivalent through experience and internationally accepted professional certification in S&LP management e.g. CPP/ASIS or similar.
· Thirty to fifty percent travel (domestic), may be involved in periodic international travel to support other team globally and participate in global peer reviews.
· Prior experience in security services and asset protection is required.
· Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts a plus.
· Experience with warehouse, distribution center, transportation or supply-chain operations is a plus.
· Prior experience in internal audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or other related field is a plus.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application. Please apply online and upload your CV.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.