We are looking to hire for this role in Toronto or Boulder. Also open to New York City.
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager - Technical (PM-T) to lead an across-advertising product that will have significant strategic impacts to Amazon advertising business that build customer trust in Amazon Advertising media measurement and confidence in making marketing and financial decisions. You will work closely with ad product owners and advertisers deeply understand needs of customers, use that information to define customer experience of ad measurement and reporting, and develop multi-year roadmaps that will lead to success for customers globally using our measurement products. This opportunity requires deep knowledge on advertising business and industry measurement standards (e.g., MRC), strong analytical and communication skills.
· You will set the vision, define the use cases and the product requirements for Amazon advertising measurement.
· You define a long-term roadmap, and drive teams to execute on your vision. You own customer engagement and take point on product reliability issues impacting customers.
· You will use your product manager toolkit to conduct market research, competitive analysis, analyze customer data and conduct direct communication with customers to drive the vision and make informed roadmap decisions.
· You identify and proactively manage areas of business importance related to your product(s): customer value, market opportunity, financial and legal compliance, endemic product architecture problems, builder resourcing, and any other large risks.
· You partner effectively with other leaders involved in the design, development, marketing, and sale of your product(s). You are able to influence their roadmap priorities and reach consensus on approach/prioritization.
· You design product value propositions and communications for large audiences, PR, Legal, Marketing, and Sales.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
· 5+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience designing and building large-scale advertising technology products
· Experience in go-to-market strategies for scale advertising technology products
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· Excellent business writing skills relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications
· MBA and/or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
· Experience in advertising domain and technology
· Experience with advertising measurement standards (e.g., MRC, IAB) a big plus
· Experience in compliance related domain (e.g., SOX)
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.