How can we help Amazonians make more informed decisions about talent? How can we define the future of talent evaluation, development, and management at Amazon? How can we create solutions to anticipate business talent demand and proactively identify and develop talent to fill these future needs? How do we effectively leverage econometrics, predictive algorithms, machine learning, UX design, and world-class product development to answer these critical questions?
Key job responsibilities
· Use economic theories to structure ambiguous problems in the talent decision making
· Assess and interpret empirical relationships using diverse employee, jobs, and talent data sets
· Design long-term econometric models that are scalable
· Design and analysis of experiments that analyze success metrics.
· Present results, reports, and insights to team members and managers
A day in the life
You will build econometric models, using large datasets, and apply economic theory to quantitatively solve business problems in a fast moving environment. As an Economist you will leverage economic concepts and customer feedback to “think big” and define new ways to evaluate, visualize, and predict talent outcomes and decisions like hiring, promotions, and transfers. After you have developed peer-reviewed scientific solutions to these unique problems, you will partner with economists, software engineers, data engineers, applied scientists, product managers, and UX designers to deliver your solution to tens of thousands of internal customers through world-class product experiences.
About the team
WW Consumer Talent Products Team is looking for a world-class Economist for our science innovation arm, Skunkworks. Skunkworks is a cross-functional incubation team within HR, comprising s and technologists. We innovate industry-leading scientific solutions that inform human decision making throughout the talent lifecycle. We explore complex problems through innovative solutions in Organizational design, Exec development planning, Talent movement, and more! This requires us to invent years ahead of current state. We are intentional about our innovation by creating experiments to prove our “think big” concepts with pilot customers through prototypes, prior to scaling the solution.
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· Proven experience in R, Python, Stata, or a related software
· Experience working with an interdisciplinary science and business team
· Experience with business-wide decision support systems
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.