AWS Sales, Marketing, and Support is looking for a talent development leader who will work across the business, HR business partners (HRBPs), executive recruiting, and talent management to build a new initiative that will develop talent strategies that will enable our future growth.
In this role, you'll partner with executive business leaders and HR teams to develop a new and novel executive talent strategy. You will work with a broad group of central HR teams, including: Talent & Development teams, Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity, HR Analytics, Executive Recruiting, HRPs and HRBPs.
Working with a large group of diverse stakeholders, you must be able to operate at a strategic level with business executives, while simultaneously being able to dive deep into the details to drive results. You will demonstrate analytical capabilities and be able to influence with data informed recommendations and communicate plans through writing Press Releases, FAQs and other documents. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Specifically, this role will own the management and development of the talent pipeline for critical executive roles. This role will sit on the leadership teams for HR Directors across AWS Sales, Marketing, and Support.
The location for this position is flexible in the US.
· Gather business requirements, compile, organize and analyze data, scope the anticipated outcomes, plan milestones and draft clear, compelling narratives.
· Partner with the various stakeholders to plan, implement and improve solutions.
· Develop and deliver on roadmap activities and key deliverables, ensuring deadlines are met.
· Drive program strategy and goals – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing management.
· Scale services and mechanisms – design talent processes and solutions that scale and adapt to our evolving talent needs.
· Define key performance metrics – develop metrics and service level agreements, and track delivery against program objectives.
· Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
· Regularly audit to ensure optimal trade-offs between schedule, resources, and scope to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 7+ years of experience in program or project management
· 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 7+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
· 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, define program requirements, determine recommendations, and drive actions
· Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or programs- work prioritization, planning, and coordination across teams
· Demonstrated ability to translate business strategy and goals into optimal processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs· Successful track record of driving improvements in the planning, operationalization, change management, and communications of programs in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, and must be comfortable engaging with executive level leaders.
· Proven ability to influence without authority and execute in a customer-centric manner
· Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product road map and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
· Track record of designing and leading change efforts at scale with demonstrated ability to measure the impact of change, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously to drive broader strategy.
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Knowledge of core Talent Management programs including performance management, promotions, succession planning, and talent calibration.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.