Ring is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Ring began in 2018 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Our Mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods.
This mission drives our team and strategy throughout every decision. It's the statement we live by when we design and engineer not only the products you see today, but the future features and innovations that we will deliver for a long time to come. It also makes the late nights and seemingly impossible tasks more bearable as we know our hard work will create happy customers and make a positive impact on our homes, our communities, and the world.
What will you help us create?
We are looking for Image Quality Engineers to validate the video and image quality of the Ring product family. The image quality engineer works as part of the Ring device engineering team during the product life cycle. In addition, you will be responsible for the analysis and characterization of various camera components to deliver the best image/video performance to products and bring new features and benefits to customers.
An Image quality engineer is responsible for image quality management across the device development cycle. Image quality engineers should be able to manually investigate IQ issues as well as use objective metrics and specialized tools equipment. Image quality engineers work with camera engineering, IQ tuning engineers and color scientists to understand features and technical implementation for camera tuning and how best to represent features through objective or subjective testing. Image quality engineers also work with groups and organizations (e.g., product management teams, vendors/suppliers, and manufacturers, etc.) to understand component usage models, develop test conditions, and infrastructure, which directly simulate user behavior and test suites that approximate real-world environments for products.
The role will:
· Work with camera engineer, IQ tuning engineers and color scientists to understand features and technical implementation for camera tuning and how best to represent features through objective or subjective testing.
· Assist the driving and tracking of camera module design readiness for engineer builds.
· Work closely with Ring engineering teams as well to keep development schedules on track.
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor, master or PHD program in Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Photonics, Physics or related fields with a graduation conferral date in 2021 or 2022.
· Knowledge in the domain of image sensor and optic lens technologies.
· Knowledge of different image and video file formats and color spaces.
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
· Experience in Python/Java coding as well as shell scripting is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.