Amazon Web Services () is looking for a senior manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects for our customers. If you have experience leading technical teams, and are interested in helping customers embrace technologies, come and talk to us.
Specialist Solutions Architects work with partners and customers to accelerate their transformation. They engage in a wide range of activities around their domain of expertise, providing technical advice to customers, helping the internal and external communities, presenting publicly on their domain, and providing a preferred path between service teams and customers.
This role will specifically focus on Services helping our customers and partners build innovative Solutions that focus on leveraging the value of data. As a Senior Solutions Architect (SA) Manager, you will lead a team of Solutions Architect Managers who help Solution Architects help customers select the technologies that will support their business requirements. You will guide team members in their ramp-up on as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will be a practitioner as well as a manager. You will interact, communicate and partner with other departments within such as our services teams, marketing, business development, and professional services, as well as representing your team to senior management.
Candidates will have the ability to engage with customers at different levels in the organization, from executive to developer. Previous experience with is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners and service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation. If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 16 leadership principles that help guide us in our every-day decision making process. We believe they are a clear articulation of those things that have always been a part of what makes Amazon great – things that we must consciously hold on to in fulfilling our mission to be Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy and happy lives. It is always Day One.
How You’ll Grow
At Amazon, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn and develop your career. We offer opportunities to help sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Roles and responsibilities
Coach: hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources, ensure they have the required skills needed to perform their function, have clearly defined goals, appropriate feedback and tracking, and work with them on their career development
Sponsor: support your team and provide them with support internally and with customers by acting as a facilitator, an executive sponsor, and an escalation point
[b]Customers' trusted advisor: collaborate with account, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use services and solutions
Business partner: serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the platform.
Public engagement: provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the Blogs, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, or public presentations at Summits, re:Invent, User Groups or Industry events
Community player: capture and share best-practices, participate, and contribute as a member of the worldwide technical community of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and Trainers
Service team point of : act as a conduit between the Service teams and the customers, providing detailed guidance for the broader field organization and the customers, and acting as an advocate for the customers towards the central teams
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience working with technologies
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a technical, customer-facing role in the technology industry
- MBA/Technical Master's Degree
- Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers are able to participate fully, and enjoy respect and dignity
- Experience leading other leaders
- Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
- Experience working with new product/service development teams
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience deploying large-scale production quality systems
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, developers, and at large events
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO)
- Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
- Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Achieved Associate and/or Professional AWS certifications