Are you interested in working with the teams that developed the Kindle, FireTV and Alexa? The Amazon Devices and Service Finance organization is expanding our technology team, and we are looking for a Senior Product Manager with expertise gathering requirements for financial planning and reporting systems, creating and maintaining technical plans and diving into the technical details to understand the nuances and complexities involved.
This position will play an integral role in ensuring the systems are accurate and support the right financial and business analysis for the global finance organization. This role will support and enable the development and automation of complex reporting and analysis that delivers the right information to multiple layers of the Devices and Services organization.
This position requires a proactive, highly motivated individual with an aptitude for customer focus and critical thinking and who can initiate and manage strategic system development around the globe. This person will be expected to take ownership and drive positive change. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is analytical, detail oriented and possesses the ability to work well with cross-functional teams including Devices and Services, finance, and software development teams.
Primary responsibilities for the Senior Product Manager include:
- Developing and driving product vision and strategy in alignment with the DaS Finance technology vision
- Ensuring that standardization, automation, scalability, and agility are components of the systems and tools
- Identifying business and technical requirements, including customer experience improvements, and prioritizing requests for software development teams
- Providing analytical support, including prototypes and proofs of concept, for software development teams
- Managing Fintech products throughout the product life cycle
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- MBA or Master’s in a related field
- Proven ability to think strategically and influence stakeholders to deliver a multi-year roadmap
- Financial statement (P&L, Balance Sheet, or Cash Flow) management experience
- Experience in developing financial software
- Capacity to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of delivering results on time and building trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work independently in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of technology trends and how they impact the product roadmap
- Understand technical challenges to drive well-informed trade-offs with the development team
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $ 151,200.00 - 204,600.00/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.