Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and IoT? Interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? The Amazon Alexa team is looking for an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Sr Product Manager for Alexa Skills Kit ,the developer SDK and platform that allows 3rd party developers to create skills for Amazon Alexa.
You will be responsible for defining and driving SDK features, APIs and tools to enable developers to create rich interactions on all Alexa-enabled devices. In this role you will work directly with third party developers to understand their needs and aspirations. You will create business requirements documents and develop a long term roadmap for tools, APIs, documentation and developer support. Your goal will be to create an efficient 3rd party developer pipeline, following the developer all the way from education into having successful, certified skills.
A successful candidate will have strong passion for developers, and experience in designing platform strategies. You have a background in software development and product management, specific to software platforms and ecosystems. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively across multiple organizations, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that developers and customers love.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Is strongly oriented towards results
· Thinks big
Key job responsibilities
- Write product/marketing requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams.
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
- Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers.
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with computer science or engineering
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Experience in mobile technology, web services or back-end application infrastructure
- Experience creating Software Development Kits (SDKs) and Developer Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Experience with platforms and development tools
- Superior verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.