Do you ever struggle to explain your work? How's this: "Do you shop at Amazon? Do you know that box that says 'Add to Cart' and shows a price? Our team owns the model which picks that offer and the customer experience around the display of the offer price and the elements surrounding the 'Add to Cart' button which inform a purchase decision. We pick and display offers several billion times a day across all surfaces (mobile app, mobile web, desktop, Alexa shopping) worldwide." The mission of the Amazon Offers Experience organization is to be the world’s first and most trusted choice for every customer on earth to discover and evaluate any product or service.
Our team blends machine learning models to rank and select the best offer from the most trusted merchant for all products sold on Amazon along with a world-class front-end user experience for offer comparison to our global customers. We are responsible for the experiences and services that enable developers, including our own, to create tailored shopping experiences for every customer, product, business and marketplace offered by Amazon. We build scalable and extensible frameworks which allow for many teams at Amazon to innovate within the Offers Experience in a federated manner. If you are passionate about influencing, designing, and delivering the next-generation Amazon customer buying experience, we want to meet you.
As a member, you will: (1) productionize one of the most visible models on the web, (2) learn from a diverse team of ML scientists, statisticians, economists, SDEs and product managers, (3) enable faster innovation by enhancing our experimentation platform, and (4) have a large measurable business impact ($MM). Let’s connect if this sounds like your next big opportunity.
· MSc. + 3 years of relevant experience or a PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· 2+ years hands-on experience programming in R, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
· PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years of relevant work experience
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field.
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
· Expertise on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian Non-Parametrics methods
· Expert in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar)
· Proven track in leading, mentoring and growing teams of scientists (teams of five or more scientists)