Ring is seeking a hard working, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our communications team, focused on France and the Netherlands. The PR Manager will support the communications team for Europe in delivering a strategic communications plan across owned and earned channels.
This position can be located in Paris, France, or Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The right candidate will be a passionate PR professional with excellent media relations skills, who is willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get things done. The person in this role will be empowered to create programs that not only solve business challenges but also capture media and customer attention. The ideal candidate is able to work autonomously as well as across teams and with agencies; has a proven track record planning and executing media campaigns informed by data that drive measurable results; and will demonstrate strong judgement and attention to detail. They will have a strong storytelling ability, a high level of strategic thinking, and experience in adapting communications to suit various audiences across earned and owned channels. They'll display poise and sophistication in fast-moving situations and become a trusted partner with a number of internal teams. They will also demonstrate exemplary writing ability, strong initiative, and a talent for seeking out stories waiting to be told.
· Develop, deliver and execute regional PR plans to fully support communications in focus countries
· Maintain a strong, current understanding of the French and Dutch media landscapes
· Develop and strengthen relationships with key media in technology, business, lifestyle and national press
· Execute day-to-day communications strategies and campaigns, including ongoing news generation; profiling of executives and key opinion leader programs; and creative consumer campaigns
· Creatively and strategically deliver major news announcements ensuring strong key message penetration and maximum impact
· Align and integrate plans with marketing, social, AR, legal and other business and brand stakeholders
· Brief and manage external public relations agencies for successful execution and analysis of communications activity
· Write/develop and manage approvals for a variety of media materials, briefing materials, assets and owned content
· 7+ years of relevant technology and/or consumer PR experience either in-house or at an agency
· Experience navigating and working with social media channels
· Native-level written and spoken Dutch and English language skills; additional languages a plus
· Experience managing media relationships and collaborating with external agencies / stakeholders
· Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (e.g. legal, public policy, marketing)
· Network of technology and consumer media contacts and a deep understanding of what resonates with them
· Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Experience executing product launches, press tours, speaking engagements and driving an overall product narrative and PR plan
· Strategic and creative - ensures that PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages while being inspiring and engaging
· A strong bias for action and ability to work equally well with communications teams, executive management and external stakeholders
· Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.