Thousands of former military are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience at Amazon. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe. We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the support Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including mentoring from a vast internal network of Amazonians.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us. Amazon’s military recruiting team is available to discuss the many opportunities within Amazon Operations.
Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 organization that relies on Amazon’s security systems and World Wide Loss Prevention Programs, in the fast-paced environments of our Fulfillment Centers, Distribution & Sortation Centers, Last Mile Facilities and any other off site facilities of the Amazon business.
Amazon Operations is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Cluster Manager for Loss Prevention.
The successful candidate joins a Cluster of Fulfillment Centers and multiple other business unit locations and will directly engage with the local senior management teams, where he/she manages, coordinates and implements all aspects of our loss prevention strategy.
The Cluster Manager, Loss Prevention operates with significant autonomy and discretion in a multi-location cluster and enables a team of Loss Prevention Managers and Loss Prevention Specialists to support the business regardless of business unit.
In addition, the cluster manager is responsible for the Security & Loss Prevention contribution to crisis management planning and emergency response for the cluster.
The cluster S&LP manage will lead a team to support the accomplishment of Amazon EU business targets and the strengthening of our brand, by effectively protecting against relevant threats and by managing security and loss prevention risks, exposures and losses that could:
§ Put our associates and our customers under jeopardy
§ Disrupt the continuity of our business operations
§ Inflict damage to our tangible and non-tangible assets
§ Have adverse impact on our company brand and reputation
This will be achieved by:
§ PREVENTING S&LP related risks and vulnerabilities as early as possible
§ INTERVENING in unfolding incidents and exposures in order to minimize any negative impact
§ INVESTIGATING thoroughly security related incidents in order to identify and remove root causes and to prevent reoccurrence
The cluster manager will develop work plans and programs to ensure the implementation of regional directives in his respective area of responsibility. He will align with the various business and support functions within his cluster to ensure effective cooperation.
Information & Intelligence
· Liaising and aligning regularly with business and support functions to understand operational plans and to provide adequate risk management to enable those plans.
· Identifying, evaluating, and managing threats and risks within all business activities within his cluster.
· Analyzing incidents, incidents and intelligence to identify trends. Recommend and implement effective actions accordingly.
· Liaising with LEA, industry associations and with relevant entities to obtain information and intelligence and to cooperate to achieve Amazon S&LP goals.
· Conducting, leading, coordinating and/or managing investigations of internal theft, fraud and WPV events within the sites of his cluster while ensuring compliance with relevant Amazon professional and ethical standards as well as with local legislation.
· Sharing, reporting and/or escalating information and intelligence with relevant S&LP functions to ensure visibly and cooperation within the EU S&LP framework.
· Planning, hiring, and developing S&LP team members (managers and specialists) that will be sufficient, suitable and skillful to perform their tasks.
· Developing professional internal and external networks to identify and recruit potential talent to the cluster or the wider S&LP and GSO group.
· Leading and managing high performing team of loss prevention managers and specialists
· Ensuring S&LP managers and specialists are constantly aligned and cooperating with their stakeholders in business and support functions and within the S&LP and GSO group.
· Planning, budgeting, and monitoring the implementation and performance of security guarding services within the cluster.
· Developing force multipliers, by executing training and awareness improvement initiatives for various levels within operations and support functions.
· Creating mechanisms to help on-board all new talents to the organization, and contributes to the growth of others by acting as a mentor, coaching and giving feedback to help develop talent and support career development
· Setting challenging goals across his team to optimize their performance against the department goals and employee development.
· Effectively prioritizing tasks and activities to ensure meeting customers’ needs and S&LP SLA and commitment while balancing workload of the team.
· Acting as an enabler by applying performance standards, identifying resource needs and allocating resources and support to the cluster S&LP team.
· Leading by example and demonstrating the application of Amazon leadership principles in the daily work.
· Acting the S&LP SME for the business and support functions within the cluster.
Means & Equipment
· Supporting launches of new sites and ensures adequate physical security measures are being installed to meet standards and risk management requirements.
· Overseeing the planning, design, installation and ongoing maintenance of physical security measures to meet the operational needs and the risk management requirements.
· Identifying new solutions and technologies to effectively mitigate risks and work with EU S&LP and GSO group to develop new solutions.
· Ensuring full functionality of physical security measures and escalated deficiencies and technical problems, pursuing quick resolution and resumption of effective functionality.
· Ensuring that all relevant functions are capable to effectively operate and use the physical security measures as planned.
Standards & Procedures
· Communicating with business and support functions stakeholder the relevant EU S&LP and GSO group initiatives and programs, and obtains their commitment and buy in as well as feedback for improvement.
· Implementing EU S&LP and GSO group initiatives and programs within the cluster
· Participating in EU S&LP and GSO group initiatives and programs.
· Ensuring compliance of the sites within the region with implementation manuals and policies.
Control & Supervision
· Monitoring, reporting and managing compliance and performance of all relevant activities within the cluster, and ensures meeting objectives, targets and KPI’s.
Responsible and accountable for the planning, requesting, allocating, spending and monitoring of budgets within his cluster to ensure cost effective S&LP operations
· 6-10 years’ experience in security and loss prevention within supply chain including significant experience in a distribution and logistics environment at management level.
· Relevant qualification in loss prevention, security management, administration of justice, related field or equivalent experience is required.
· Decision Making/ Problem Solving - demonstrate ability to proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probe/consider all of the facts, consider other perspectives; conduct root cause analysis; draw sound inferences; prioritize key factors; act decisively, promptly and confidently; flexible in approach; able to operate with limited guidance from management;
· Communication and Influencing- excellent verbal and written communication in English, demonstrate ability to identify the customer expectation and adjust language/ style to suit the listener; structure the information using correct terminology and grammar; be articulate and well-reasoned; solution-focused; customer-focused; have excellent follow-up skills
· Academic Degree
· Wicklander Zulawski (WZ) interview certification
· CPP, PSP
· TAPA training and knowledge
· Kaizen & Lean knowledge
· Fluency in English and local language