Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. With Ring, you’re always home. Ring products such as the Ring Door Bell, Ring Spotlight Camera, and Ring Floodlight Camera are easy to use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital imaging technologies and wireless connectivity. Also, Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com.
The Mechanical Engineer intern works closely with mechanical teams (ME-Optical & Tooling inclusive) located in Taipei and global engineering teams throughout the development cycle. As a member of the team, you will closely work and assist senior ME engineers for product design of mechanical structures, analysis of implementation feasibility studies of key components of different functions, and optimization for manufacturing. You will join the cross-functional communication within regions day to day. Within the team work, you can understand and learn about design validation, review methodology, root caused analyzing, and maybe make your own contribution in issues’ resolving.
· Work closely with Mechanical Engineering teams and Product Design/Industrial Design/Hardware teams as well as suppliers to keep development schedules on track
· Assist the driving and tracking of mechanical design readiness for Engineering builds
· Participate in the PD/ID/ME/HW design, development and review
· Assist in the organization of technical data documentation throughout the development cycle
· May travel domestically and internationally to supplier sites as needed to keep projects on schedule
· Can work 5 days per week during summer holiday for at least 3 months duration. Or at least 3 days per week during non-holiday period for at least 3 months
· Is willing to work in Taipei
· Currently enrolled in a Master's degree program in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a graduation conferral date in 2022 or 2023.
· Knowledge of mechanical design in consumer electronics
· Knowledge of me/optical/acoustic components, design validation, qualification, and analysis
· Familiar with CAD tool like CreO/Pro-E, or CAE tools, e.g. ANSYS or Abaqus.
· Past experience or coursework with statistical analysis and processing tools such as Minitab
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (Chinese and English)
· Demonstrated critical thinking capability and self-motivated and proactive
· Willing to know Amazon/Ring and to take technical challenge and responsibility with us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.