Core AI is an interdisciplinary team on the cutting edge of economics, statistical analysis, and machine learning whose mission is to solve AI and ML problems that have high risk with abnormally high returns. Our team leverages the strengths of our engineers and scientists to build solutions for some of the toughest business problems here at Amazon.
We are looking for a seasoned economist who is able to provide structure, including sourcing, defining, and leveling, around complex and varied business problems. We seek creative thinkers who can combine a strong economic toolbox with a desire to learn from others, and who know how to execute and deliver on big ideas.
This role will be to work within Core AI to help support research and development on rapid proofs of concept for high-impact projects. The economist will have access to engineering and econometric tools, as well as Amazon's Scholar Residency Program, which consists of world-class academic scientists and researchers collaborating with internal partner teams to facilitate the delivery of Scholar led science into engineering systems
* Work within Core AI teams to consult with internal partner teams on collaboration opportunities and to assess potential for impact.
* Own the development of economic models and manage the data analysis, modeling, and experimentation necessary to validate your model.
* Effectively communicate econometric models to business teams and incorporate feedback into project analysis/modeling.
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· 5+ years of hands-on experience (industrial or academia) on econometrics modeling, causal inference, or related fields.
· 3+ years of experience with at least one programming languages such as Python, State, or R
· Strong business writing/verbal communication and cross-discipline collaboration skills
· Strong research track record of publications in top science journals and conferences
· Exhibits high business judgment
· Dives deep, thinks big and has convictions
· Experience in applied statistics, econometrics, or consulting.
· Experience in applied economic analysis.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.