**This position is a remote/virtual opportunity**
The NACF People eXperience and Technology (PXT) (i.e., Human Resources) - Learning and Development (L&D) team is seeking a talented, customer-focused Instructional Designer to join our team supporting field-based Human Resource professionals. If you are an experienced instructional design professional that aspires to apply your skills at the highest level, we look forward to getting to know you! The ideal candidate is a critical player in designing and developing learning experiences which enlighten, educate, and help grow the world’s most talented HR professionals.
The ideal candidate has expertise in adult learning and instructional design, which allows partnering with subject-matter experts and senior stakeholders through the process of translating challenging business problems into engaging learning solutions. The ideal candidate has an inventive spirit and leans into experimentation. They will design, develop, and deliver novel and scalable experiences that go beyond traditional instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, or self-paced eLearning courses.
Where no subject-matter experts exist, the ideal candidate’s broad experience, curiosity, and learning agility enables them to quickly become a subject-matter expert in their own right.
The ideal candidate has strong planning and project management skills, allowing them to manage multiple priorities and pivot with agility when circumstances change or a new direction is set. Their business acumen enables them to understand critical business needs, analyze issues, and communicate effectively with senior leaders. The ideal candidate also has a high degree of ownership and thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment.
Other duties and responsibilities include assisting with virtual and off-site meeting logistics and administration. For example, assisting with pilot tests, learning summits and conferences, classroom training, and focus groups.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $85,600 - $149,800 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Key job responsibilities
• Consult with business stakeholders to align on learning outcomes, learning experience design components, and timelines to meet shared business goals.
• Design and write learning experiences to address established objectives and partner closely with multimedia development peers to create or curate content as appropriate, drawing from both internal source material and external content as necessary.
• Maintain the highest standards throughout the lifecycle of learning design, review, and implementation of programs within established timeframes.
• Conduct rapid pilot tests and feedback sessions throughout program development phases. Engage in routine quality assurance audits and modify content / activities when necessary to ensure exceptional end-user learning experience.
• Continually raise the development bar by identifying, experimenting, and implementing new and innovative learning experience design approaches, tools, and systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Distance Learning, or related field.
• 5+ years of learning experience design / instructional design experience designing complex learning experiences across instructor-led, virtual, and eLearning modalities.
• Proven ability to build, manage, and improve learning programs and projects via ADDIE / SAM design methodologies
• Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines, maintain a strong attention to detail, and work independently as well as collaboratively in group settings in a fast-paced, global organization.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related field.
• Experience in a post-production editorial environment with knowledge of industry standard workflows and organization.
• Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
• Experience with LMS architecture and deployment within a corporate learning environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.