The OSS Technical Evangelist at AWS will be responsible for defining, leading, and contributing to the open source and community engagement content strategy for the services and technology teams across AWS. You will combine your passion and enthusiasm for cloud technology and open source with your unmatched creativity to generate content and support for AWS among key open source communities, industry opinion makers, and technologists.
You will work closely with the product marketing leadership to translate the business priorities of the service teams into original content for a variety of audiences, including C-level, end users, developers, managers, and engineers.
Ideally, you are already a recognizable figure in the open source ecosystem, in demand to contribute to technical and business publications, with an exemplary presence on social media.
You have immediate credibility with readers at all technical levels, from developers to CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You are able to author compelling written content that appeals directly to technical audiences, business leaders, and industry experts.
Key job responsibilities
Within the first year, we expect this impactful leader to:
* Define and execute an open source content strategy for thought leadership topics.
* Engage with AWS product marketing leadership and partners to build strong awareness and perception of our commitment to open source.
* Provide a feedback loop on key open source trends, and develop supporting AWS open source content.
* Write narratives to influence peers and senior management.
* Attend and speak at relevant industry events.
* 10+ years of relevant work experience
* Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technical, or relevant field of study.
* Experience writing for a variety of publications in all formats
* Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
* Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
* Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
* Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
* Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
* Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.