Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
AWS Finance Technology Team is looking for a results-oriented, driven software development engineer, who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relish the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme load. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually to build next generation AWS finance management tools.
A Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Amazon works on real world problems on a global scale, owns their systems end to end and influences the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. You can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations.
You will learn all about how to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Professional software development experience in an Agile environment
· Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms OO design)
· Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods equivalent experience
· 0-2 years professional experience in software development
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and OO design.
· Motivation to drive projects, engage with stakeholders, and deliver results
· Masters/Bachelors in computer science or statistics
· Experience with high availability distributed computing
· Enterprise (multi-tier, highly available) software development experience
· Expertise in Linux-based Java development
· Expertise in one or more AWS products/services