The AWS Intelligent and Advanced Computing Technologies (IACT) organization is growing an application development team.
Our organization specializes in solving elusive problems. We are a hybrid team of machine learning, quantum computing and high performance computing professionals who directly support AWS customers with custom and off-the-shelf applications.
Our team offers the opportunity to engage directly with advanced technologies projects (e.g. computer vision, natural language processing, quantum simulation, and optimization) while supporting AWS customers (e.g. startups, Fortune 500, nonprofit, etc.) across all industries.
Key job responsibilities
You should be ready to collaborate with customer and design teams to support machine learning application development from a security perspective. This includes analyzing AWS application operation at the API level and ensuring that applications exceed security expectations. You should feel empowered to collaborate through ambiguous customer environments and understand how IACT applications can best solve customer needs.
Within AWS, you will work closely with Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, and High Performance Computing teams both within Professional Services and externally. You can expect to work with customer product managers, architects, and executives (e.g. Dir., VP, CxO).
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 4+ years of experience as a security engineer or similar role
· Familiarity with Machine Learning, High Performance Computing, or Quantum Computing
· Experience developing secure web services using any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Go, Scala
· Experience auditing and monitoring applications for risks and implementing mitigation measures
· Experience developing machine learning models (e.g. Classical Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing)
· Experience shepherding applications through security review processes
· Experience with AWS APIs and IAM permissions
· Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, front-end frameworks (such as React, Angular, Vue.js, Thymeleaf, etc.) and test frameworks (e.g. Jest, Mocha, Selenium, etc.)
· Familiarity with scrum/agile task tracking (e.g. Asana, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
· Able to identify and mitigate risk on projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.