Come join the Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services! You will help us invent the future.
As an Applied Scientist with the Alexa AI team, you will research and create models, and improve models for natural language processing and speech recognition problems. You will gain hands-on experience with Amazon’s heterogeneous structured data sources; as well as large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in training deep neural networks for natural language understanding and automatic speech recognition on thousands of hours of speech. You will support solving highly visible and impactful business problems in areas of new product development, automation, self-service solution and quality improvement, to continue delight Alexa customers and help drive Amazon business performance.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. They will also create reliable, scalable and high performance products that require exceptional technical expertise, and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Machine Learning.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, machine learning, computer science or related discipline
· 5+ years of industry or postdoctoral experience in machine learning
· 3+ years of experience in natural language understanding/processing or speech recognition
· Publications on peer-review journals
· Experience in building large-scale machine learning systems
· Hands on coding and object-oriented design with Python or other OO language
· Proficiency in MxNet, pyTorch or TensorFlow
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.