The New Programs Group within Amazon Fashion is looking for Applied Scientist to help redefine and build new, exciting experiences for customers shopping for apparel and related fashion products. We own services that enable personalized customer experiences for our customers while pushing the envelope through novel scientific research, advancing the state of art in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. We’re looking for a thought leader to lead the charge with cutting edge research and application of machine learning to address the unique and ambiguous problems in our space. You will work with talented peers in a team that provides opportunities to innovate in a start-up mode, partner with business teams to deliver customer experiences that disrupt status quo.
The ideal candidate is a strong, creative and highly-motivated Scientist with hands-on experience in leading multiple research and engineering initiatives. You balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, tools, and methodologies. You excel in translating broader business objective into Machine Learning science formulations, research for potential solutions or invent new solutions for the objective. You strive for simplicity, demonstrate high judgment backed by sound statistical reasoning and robust machine learning models to deliver creative solutions. You do independent research and develop non-trivial Machine Learning solutions. You mentor and lead scientists and engineers, contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
· Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for applications of machine learning (Deep Learning, etc), optimization, simulation or visualization techniques.
· Build and deploy scientific models on available data.
· Research and implement novel approaches to add value to the business.
· Mentor junior engineers and scientists.
To know more about Amazon science, Please visit https://www.amazon.science
· Master's in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, or related quantitative field
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Graduate degree (PhD or MS + 4 yrs of relevant industry experience) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences or Mathematics with specialization in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Optimization, AI, Statistics, Computer Graphics, Physical Simulation, Geometry Modeling, AR/VR, Real-time Rendering or related field
· In-depth knowledge in atleast one of the following areas: Apparel/Cloth Simulation, Cloth Modeling and Rendering, Geometric Modeling, Real-Time Rendering, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Image Segmentation, Optimization, Deep Learning, Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN) Object Capture & Tracking, Body Reconstruction
· Algorithm and model development experience
· 3+ years of experience implementing algorithms using both toolkits/frameworks (keras/tensorflow/pytorch) or self developed code
· Good written and spoken communication skills
· Proven track record of scientific contributions through peer reviewed scientific publications, patents, facilitator or reviewer
· Experience working with large datasets
· 1+ years of research experience after PhD experience (or equivalent)
· Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audience and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technologies
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICML, SIGGRAPH
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists
· Experience working effectively with software engineering teams as well as solid software development experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.