Want to transform the way people enjoy music, video, and radio? Come join the team that made Amazon Music, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, available to Alexa customers. We are innovating the way our customers interact with entertainment in the living room, on the go, and in the car. We are at the epicenter of the future of entertainment.
Alexa Entertainment is looking for an Applied Scientist as we build a team of talented and passionate scientists for ASR (automatic speech recognition) and NLU (natural language understanding). As a Applied Scientist, you will participate in the design, development, and evaluation of models and ML (machine learning) technology so that customers have the magical experience of entertainment via Alexa. You will help lay the foundation to move from directed interactions to learned behaviors that enable Alexa to proactively take action on behalf of the customer. And, you will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
You will be part of a team delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics with specialization in natural language processing, or machine learning.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis, and in deploying machine learning / deep learning models in production.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in programming languages such as Python
· Strong software development skills
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills
· Strong publication record
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.