The Central Science Team within Amazon’s People Experience and Technology org (PXTCS) uses economics, behavioral science, statistics, and machine learning to proactively identify mechanisms and process improvements which simultaneously improve Amazon and the lives, well-being, and the value of work to Amazonians. We are an interdisciplinary team, which combines the talents of science and engineering to develop and deliver solutions that measurably achieve this goal.
You will use both quantitative and qualitative data as well as conduct research studies to test your hypotheses. You will use a variety of statistical approaches to model and understand behavior. You will develop algorithms and thresholds to surface personalized results to managers/leaders, and partner with machine learning scientists to build these statistical models into production that scales. You will work with an interdisciplinary team of psychologists, economists, ML scientists, UX researchers, engineers, and product managers to inform and build product features to surface deeper people and business insights for our leaders. You will work with business partners to communicate the intuition, implication and detail of your analysis and be able to incorporate their feedback into your projects.
Applicants have a demonstrated ability to manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. You will have experience collaborating across organizational boundaries.
Key job responsibilities
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· 1-3 years of experience conducting large-scale applied research studies
· Experience analyzing experimental research data as well as big data from surveys and archival data
· Experience developing and validating survey measures or assessments
· Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, SAS, Python, etc.)
· Proficiency in SQL
· Advanced Statistics (ANOVAs, Regressions, HLM, longitudinal data analysis, factor analysis, IRT, cluster analysis or SEM/Path Analysis)
· Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skills
· Experience writing and communicating technical information for non-technical audience
· Experience with SQL, Python, or R, data warehouses, machine learning, and building automated analytical systems
· Experience leading the execution of research projects with multiple stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.