Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance, Analytics, and Science Team! AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We are reshaping the way global enterprises use information technology and we are powering the next generation of global business leaders. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the information technology industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
As a Data Scientist, you will be expected to work directly with senior management on key business problems. Scientists at Amazon use statistical and ML models to address complex problems, design and test hypotheses, and contribute to the design of automated systems. We are looking for a results-driven scientist to join our team in Seattle. The right candidate will work closely with other scientists, business leaders, business intelligence engineers, and data engineers.
The key strategic objectives for this role include:
· Work with the AWS Partner Organization to provide data- and model-driven guidance and recommendations on strategic questions posed by leadership.
· Identify opportunities to measure and help improve productivity with the end goal of driving growth.
· Conduct, direct, and coordinate all phases of data science projects, demonstrating skill in defining key research questions, working with multiple data sources, evaluating competing models, and interpreting and communicating results.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you know how to deliver results fast, and you have a deeply quantitative, highly innovative approach to solving problems, we want to talk to you.
This role can be based in Seattle, WA, Herndon, VA, or Jersey City, NJ.
· Masters Degree in Social Sciences, Applied Math, Statistics or similar field
· 5+ years of related work experience as a Data Scientist
· Expertise in statistical software package such as R or Python
· Ability to distill customer requirements into problem definitions
· Ability to manage competing priorities in an ambiguous environment
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts to non-experts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.