Do you love building data products that drive critical business decisions? Are you excited to work on the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure? How about helping to build it?
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and visionary people. The Capacity Delivery Planning and Analytics (CDPA) team under AWS Infrastructure is seeking a Data Engineer with a combination of technical expertise as well as the zeal to analyze the data and produce recommendations that will help improve our business processes.
Key job responsibilities
The ideal candidate has expertise gathering customer needs and insights, designing logical schemas that organize data in a meaningful, efficient way, and knows how to build scalable and maintainable solutions. They are an expert at data modeling, building data pipelines to stream data from multiple sources, ETL design, have hands-on knowledge of databases such as Redshift, and some experience developing user interfaces. A successful candidate will have a track record of partnering closely with customers to invent solutions to complex data problems. They have built trusting relationships with business partners and have experience generating insights that enable senior leaders to make critical business decisions. They are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for building data tools.
About the team
We are a data engineering team at heart. We own and maintain the data infrastructure, which includes Redshift clusters and a Tableau Server, for a planning organization of 1500+ people. We enjoy building our own software to automate repetitive tasks, invent unique solutions to industry-wide problems and raise the tech bar for the entire company. One of the products we built this year was showcased at Analyticon - Amazon’s internal developer’s conference. Our team works along-side passionate Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Scientists and Salesforce Systems Development Engineers who collectively provide the technical support and solutions to our business partners.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, information systems, or a related technical discipline
· 5+ years of relevant experience in data engineering roles
· 3+ years of experience with ETL development, data warehousing and data modeling with SQL expertise.
· 2+ years of experience with AWS services such as S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora.
· Masters in computer science, mathematics or related field
· Experience creating visual data representations, such as Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight or other BI platforms
· Proven track record partnering with business owners to understand requirements and developing analytic tools to solve their business problems
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team, and senior management as required.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.