Do you have experience in Query Optimization? Ever thought about how much more fun this will be with a graph database system, where query languages are still evolving fast? Come join our creative team of engineers dedicated to making Amazon Neptune ever faster and better!
In this position, you will work on building database systems specifically catered to support graph databases. Apply your research and software engineering skills to build and apply new techniques towards graph query planning, optimization and execution. Your work will directly impact the performance of the queries that our customers run on Neptune. Work with and learn from experts in the field of databases, graph technologies and semantic web. Gain the exposure to learn about other related AWS services.
Amazon Neptune is a fast, scalable, fully-managed graph database service, already used by thousands of customers around the globe. Neptune powers graph use cases such as recommendation engines, fraud prevention, knowledge graphs, drug discovery, and many more. We are constantly improving query performance and adding new features to make all these use cases run increasingly better and to create more impact for our customers.
The core of Amazon Neptune is a purpose-built, high-performance graph database engine capable of storing hundreds of billions of relationships and querying with milliseconds latency. Neptune supports both the Resource Description Framework (RDF) and property graph data models and their respective query languages.
To learn more about Amazon Neptune visit: https://aws.amazon.com/neptune/
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· PhD in Computer Science or related field with specialization in Graph query optimization
· Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis with experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, or C++
· Knowledge of at least one graph query language (such as SPARQL , Apache TinkerPop Gremlin, or OpenCypher)
· Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience building and running software in a cloud environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.