We are a team of doers working passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in diagnostics technology to solve real-world problems. As a Senior Immunoassay Scientist, you will work with a unique and gifted team developing exciting medical diagnostic products and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Our team rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a laser-focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment. At the cutting edge of both academic and applied research in this product area, you have the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented scientists, engineers, and product managers.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The Laboratory Automation Engineer should be someone who can help us deploy automation solutions for our diagnostics assays. This position will work within a team of scientists and engineers to build scalable, robust, automated processes to deploy in both R&D and regulated production environments. A successful candidate will be able to juggle technical, security, regulatory, and often deployment-site-specific requirements.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
* Develop integrated work-cells to automate diagnostic assays using both commercial and custom lab robotics.
* Perform research, development, verification and validation testing per project needs.
* Support design transfer and deployment of automation solutions across multiple sites which meet product requirements and are fully integrated with clinical laboratory workflows.
* Train laboratory personnel and site engineering teams on the use of automated systems.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure all development activities are conducted in adherence to applicable national/international regulations, guidelines, company policies, SOPs, and industry standards.
* Monitor and evaluate new and emerging technologies in laboratory automation systems.
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to business problems and products
* Experience with NGS or nucleic acid sample preparation methods.
* Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA / CAP / FDA / ISO).
* Experience with Python, C#, or other general purpose programming language.
* Experience with manufacturing process in Chemical/Biological/Pharmaceutical area.
* Experience working with a broad set of laboratory instruments and tools. Knowledge of experimental design.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and record keeping.
* Familiarity with data analysis tools and methodologies that are commonly used in modern laboratory data analysis.
* Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams at the interface of life science, computer science, and engineering.
* Professional characteristics—not unique for this position—that are necessary for Amazon team members, will include: customer obsession; thinking big; bias for action; inventing and simplifying; strategic thinking/planning and focusing on product execution; having relentlessly high standards; and is interested in recruiting and developing the best.
* Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
* Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.