Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
The Response Prediction team builds machine-learning models and infrastructure to support the Sponsored Products Ads business. Through precise estimation of shoppers' response to ads (e.g. clicks or product purchases), this team helps deliver the most relevant ads experience to shoppers, improves advertisers' ROI, and optimizes Amazon's long-term monetization. Additionally, this team builds and operates one of the largest ML workflows in WW Advertising, serving Search and Detail Pages. This is also owns the horizontal ML infrastructure to support various ML use cases - from offline ML pipelines to online model inferencing and model management services
As a Applied Scientist on this team, you will:
· Build end-to-end machine learning solutions; build ML models and perform data analysis to deliver scalable solutions to business problems.
· Perform hands-on analysis and modeling with enormous data sets to develop insights that increase traffic monetization and merchandise sales without compromising shopper experience.
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements to productionize the ML models you build.
· Run A/B experiments that affect hundreds of millions of customers, evaluate the impact of your optimizations and communicate your results to various business stakeholders.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
· Research new innovate machine learning approaches.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related quantitative field.
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Technical leadership in machine learning.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
· Experience working with real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well. Experience in computational advertising.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark
· Strong proficiency with Java, Python, Scala or C++
· Experience in computational advertising technology is a big plus
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.